DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE BY ENABLING BETTER DATA ANALYSIS AND DECISION-MAKING? WE ARE LOOKING FOR A LEAD DATA ENGINEER THAT WILL JOIN OUR EXCITING GROWTH JOURNEY
YOUR MISSION & RESPONSIBILITIES AHEAD OF YOU
GANNI is on an exciting growth journey with a goal to become a digital first direct to consumer brand - on that journey the Digital Development and Data Management department will have a great impact on making sure that our technical landscape is future proof to meet our ambitions. We are currently in a transition phase where we are establishing a more future proof modern data platform and reporting and this is a new role within the team. You have therefore a great opportunity to make a difference and impact on a daily and long term level.
The Lead Data Engineer will be part of our Data Management team and responsible for development work and the business intelligence backlog. You will take the lead and participate in stakeholder meetings with different departments, scoping sessions and work hands-on with development ensuring we follow architectural guidelines. We believe you will proactively and hands-on ensure stable operations.
You are used to engaging with business at all levels and across departments as Finance, Sales, Operations, Marketing. We believe you will become a trusted advisor for all things related to Business Intelligence and reporting. You can advise on all matters and questions that may arise. We believe you act as a technical sparring partner for coming initiatives and projects such as PLM, CRM and ERP.
We believe that this position holds a lot of space for you to grow professionally in an international environment where you combine data, people and technology! You enjoy a dynamic environment in a growth organisation where you will have the opportunity to develop yourself over time with new responsibilities.
Responsibilities ahead of you
- Leading a team of two (Developer and Analyst) in all development related work related to data and data visualisation.
- Maintain and steer the Business Intelligence backlog and priorities.
- Participate and lead scoping sessions with business stakeholders.
- Responsible for translating business requirements into a technical solution and make sure we find the right solution for the end-user.
- Responsible for communicating and design a technical architecture linked to source data, data models and reporting
- Making sure to have a consistent technical direction of the data deliverables to ensure a futureproof architecture
- Be an adviser and sparring partner for different departments as well as for the BI and Data Manager.
- Perform code reviews for and with colleagues
- Hands on develop and deliver taks, deliverables and features for the team
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience from roles as a Data/BI architect, Senior BI consultant, or Data Engineer either in-house or from a consultant company. We expect that you have a broad knowledge of Azure Data Services ex. with Synapse Serverless and Pipelines, Cosmos DB, Azure SQL DB, Azure Data Lake and Power BI.
- Have a minimum 4 years of experience working within Data analysis, Data Engineering and/or Business Intelligence.
- Be an expert in SQL, DAX and Power BI
- Have knowledge of Azure Data Services ex. Synapse Pipelines, Azure SQL DB and Azure Data Lake
- You might have experience with object-oriented programming like Python or C#
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with the ability to engage and communicate with senior business-leaders.
- Have experience of working with several external development vendors and vendor management..
- Thrive in a fast-moving and dynamic business environment where operations and business requirements might change fast.
- Have experience with different source systems, having experience with Microsoft Navision/Trimit, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, NewStore, InRiver, JIRA and SharePoint is an advantage.
THE GANNI WAY
You are proactive by nature and understand the value of well-planned processes combined with high data quality provided at the right time in the right place. We believe you are comfortable working with hands-on operational tasks such as answering questions about data and fixing bugs as well as providing day-to-day support to colleagues and customers.
We believe that you have strong analytical skills while you easily visualize and communicate to stakeholders from various departments and different levels to make sure the message goes through. You are enjoying a dynamic environment where you will have the opportunity to be a key-player and an impact maker. We believe you continue to help the organization, team and your colleagues to grow by bringing in a new perspective.
We are looking for a true GANNI ambassador - someone who shares our values of Openness (ready to evolve, honest not perfect), Optimism (you never stand still, just dance!), Authenticity (you march at your own beat!), Accountability (no excuses, you make an impact) & Responsibility (make small changes, see big differences).
The GANNI culture is based on a learning and results-driven mentality, where everyone is united by a common purpose of (hack)the fashion system!
GANNI is a state of mind - more than a way of dressing and we love to change the usual practice in everything we do. We are confident and capable of anything! So prepare yourself to be comfortable with the uncomfortable and hacking the system together with our amazing Digital development and Data Management team!
BE BOLD AND JOIN OUR GANNI COMMUNITY!
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel motivated to join our team and become a part of the GANNI community. If you have more questions regarding the position, please contact Allan Pinholt Poulsen, BI and Data Manager at email@example.com
We will be interviewing candidates continuously and kindly ask you to send your application and CV as soon as possible. Please use the “Apply for position”.
MORE GANNI GOODIES
You will be working out of our unique GANNI house located in the beautiful City Centre of Copenhagen on top of the Bremerholm flagship store. Besides our amazing and colourful new office facilities, we are also proud of our inhouse GANNI kitchen that offers healthy and sustainable food cooked by our passionate in-house chef.
Based in Copenhagen and owned and run by husband-and-wife team Creative Director Ditte Reffstrup and Founder Nicolaj Reffstrup, GANNI has developed exponentially over recent years with its Scandi 2.0 sense of style full of personality and contrasts. GANNI is all about making our community who wear our clothes feel even more confident and capable of anything. For us, acting responsibly is a moral obligation.
GANNI is committed to creating a more diverse, equal and inclusive workforce, building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. It is a fundamental policy at GANNI not to discriminate on any basis or characteristics and celebrate diversity. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to apply.
At GANNI we see behaving responsibly as our moral obligation. GANNI focuses on making more responsible choices every day to do better for our planet and community. Responsibility is at the heart of everything we do and we encourage all employees to take part in our journey towards becoming a more inclusive, equal and responsible business.
OUR VISION & MISSION
Hack(ing) the fashion system.
Evolving from a distinctive Scandinavian fashion brand, we are more than a way of dressing - we are a creative collective and diverse community of first movers, committed to environmental responsibility and progressive social activism, setting the tone for the next generation to follow.
Start as soon as possible
IT and Digital Development
BI & Data Manager