Here at Trendhim, we have a mission. A mission to help men tell their stories through accessories. The goal is to create products that the customer not just likes, but LOVES.
One of the most important roles at Trendhim is the Product Designer – the person who designs each accessory for our 10 house brands. Think of it as the story starter.
Our new Product Designer will work within a team of product developers to determine creative strategy, concept and maintain a consistent branding point of view. He/she will elevate data from Product Development and ultimately design accessories that help our customers tell their own stories.
Your mission is one that goes beyond your knowledge of what’s stylish and works with your innate ability to understand ideas, brands and data.
As an integral part of the Product Development Team, you’ll turn data into design.
Designs from rings, bracelets, and sunglasses to watches, bags and beanies. Each one becoming something that our customers love. The beginning of a million new stories.
Collaboration is key to every successful mission. Did Neil Armstrong reach the moon by himself? No. He had all of NASA behind him… and rockets and space stuff. You will collaborate with the team to conceptualise and design collections that reflect each brand's key story and that coincide with marketing research and requests. Together you’ll reach the moon, or Jupiter. To infinity.
Ultimately, you understand that trends come and go, and you value designing long-lasting products instead of worn-today-gone-tomorrow knock offs.
What To Expect
No day is the same. Who wants to repeat the same day every day anyway? Not us. Not you. While each day is filled with uniquely challenging challenges, there are some you’ll face daily.
- Manage the completion of all design-related projects according to timelines and pricing expectations while maintaining a high level of quality and creativity reflecting each brand. Read it again... it’s a long statement packed with goodness!
- Prepare and review technical specifications to submit to suppliers.
- Collaborate with the team on the development of new concepts and styles based on market trends, selling, and feedback from marketing and customers.
- Research and educate the team on the latest trends, materials, colours, processes, and technology within the accessories industry. Because learning helps everyone!
- Design and render new designs and updates to existing products.
- Review samples with the design and development teams and update revisions.
- Develop strategies for brand content and see each objective through to completion.
- Meet all deadlines. We’re here to make sure you have every tool necessary to work at breakneck speed… without breaking anything.
- Walking down any street in Europe and see men wearing products that you designed. Way to go, story starter!
- Visit production partners to find new and better ways to improve our products and satisfy customers.
To succeed in this mission, you’ll need a proven record as a great designer. Instead of fast fashion, a background in designing lifestyle products is beneficial. Experience in men’s accessories is always welcomed.
Your greatest skill is your ability to understand that the best design is one that truly helps the customer tell his story. You may love polka dots with the Stranger Things logo inside each one… but will our customer? What will best help him tell his story? The latest trends and your creative intuition are important… but more so is the customer. (Nodding your head in agreement? Then apply already!)
- Proficiency in design-related programs – 3D software is welcome!
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to communicate clearly and quickly.
- Ability to successfully multitask and prioritise among running projects.
- Capacity to work independently, self-manage, and as part of a team.
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be able to problem-solve, such as analyse data and provide feedback on how to reach goals and meet marketing demands.
- E-commerce experience preferred.
- We hope that CSR has been part of your former missions.
We understand that this mission is a big one, and we’re here to help along the way… with resources and every possibility to make sure you succeed. You win. Customers win. We all go to the moon.
Besides all that winning, we offer a chance to join a highly challenging environment with talented colleagues. We fight as a team and do our darndest to create impressive results together.
You’ll get the tools needed to succeed and salary according to your qualifications. Part of joining Trendhim includes next-level Friday bars, lunch club, voluntary push-up challenges, summer parties, Christmas lunch, occasional cinema tours, running events and lots of cake… sometimes cake while we run. Crazy times.
Apply and tell us:
- Why you’d love to join the team and take on this task.
- What qualifies you for the position.
- Share examples of work you’re proud of.
- Good and bad examples of work in this area (not your own).
- What you do to keep developing yourself.
Trendhim is full of other heroes… all on the same journey. Join us!
Trendhim is a fast-growing e-commerce company that designs accessories for men and sells directly to consumers online. With 5,000+ products and 10 brands, we help customers in 28 countries and 18 languages. We’ve been named one of the fastest-growing companies in Denmark for the past 3 years and have no intention of stopping now. Everything is run from our office and warehouse in Horsens, Denmark.
You can read more about our vision, DNA, history and culture in our Atlas.
Ready to accept the challenge? APPLY HERE