Based on an early initiative to reinterpret the traditional rubber raincoat in a contemporary way, Rains has, since 2012, grown into an accomplished international rainwear brand mixing function with fashion.
In addition to waterproof outerwear, Rains offers a line of waterproof bags and accessories. With their headquarters in Aarhus, Denmark, Rains is continuously inspired by Scandinavian weather and Nordic aesthetics. Each Rains collection is set with intentions to both honor and challenge traditional perceptions of rainwear and provide evidence that rainy weather is always an opportunity for displaying personal style.
Rains has for the last years been opening Retail stores around the world and is now present in many big cities as New York, London, Shanghai and Melbourne. But the journey continues, and Rains is ambitious about continuing the expansions.
The strategy is ready! Rains is aiming for becoming more digital and increasing the customer experience through connecting E- commerce and brick & mortars. Making the experience more exciting and seamless.
As part of our ambitious expansion strategy, we now have an attractive position open as Retail Manager (North America). Rains is strongly organized with local office and warehouse in Clifton, New Jersey. This underpins great supply chain which is the key for deliveries and thus excellent customer service.
Rains is present in the market with all three revenue streams E-Commerce, Retail and Wholesale. Rains wants to expand their business on all streams and is already visible with inspirational stores in significant cities and markets. Rains opened the first store at Lafayette Street, New York in 2017, followed by additional stores in Portland, Vancouver, New York and the latest in Chicago.
Furthermore, Rains is connected to some of the best and most reputable department stores like Nordstrom, Saks and Bergdorf Goodman. And well-known influencer stores as By George and Moda Operandi.
- Development and execution of Retail strategy and expansion plan.
- Optimization of profitability, operations, and organizational development in the region.
- Manage and develop regional sales team.
- Reports directly to Rains Head of Retail.
- Motivation and management of employees and stakeholders.
- Responsible for targets and performance.
- Implementing sales and marketing activities to ensure planned revenues are achieved.
- Opening of new stores and implementation of brand policies and procedures.
- Finding new attractive retail locations.
- Responsible for ensuring retail execution in line with brand image and visual standards to maximize retail performance and profitability.
- The ideal candidate is mentally strong, has analytical approach and structure with an eye for details and precision.
- Consistent drive, energy, collaborative, sales oriented, team-oriented leader with strong communication skills.
- Strong experience building teams with winning mentality and an urge striven for doing it better today than yesterday.
- Be able to convert data into decision making and concept improvement.
- Strong track record and preferable with experience from the current market, from fashion, design or fast-moving retail.
- Excellent team player with ability to find new ways and solutions.
- Candidate resident is preferable in the area of New York. If the candidate is non-residential, we will support the moving.
- Experience from working abroad or having an international mindset is preferable.
- Candidate must be an excellent communicator and have strong written and verbal English skills.
- Relevant education on bachelor or master level.
- UnikRecruitment assists Rains with the recruitment process. For further information, please contact Michael Kjaergaard at phone +45 2222 4000 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org